Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday Trestles

My friend James and his wife Kirsten came down and we met up for lunch and then James wanted to go for a surf. I heard Newport was going off and it is close to home so we headed down there. Parking was impossible, I saw a black ball flag, and the surf looked on the small side so we just hit the road south and did the trestles experience.

We surfed uppers...or at least the north end of uppers. Not sure what people call it but the main uppers break looked so packed we didn't want to deal with the crowd. We basically paddled straight out from the end of the road. There were head high sets that were mostly walld, warm water, and lots of people. I got a few corners that allowed me to make a couple of turns in. I swear I was invisible as I got burned so many times it was ridiculous. Getting burned is bad, but getting burned by guys that fall off and shoot their boards at you is even worse. I guess it's all part of the trestles experience though.

No comments: