Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fun times

8/2/09- Surf was fun this morning. 2-3' and consistent. I started off thinking quantity not quality but after I got a few fun waves I figured both were available to me. Surfed for nearly 2 hours and scored around 30 waves at least. The whole crew was out, including the new legend Odd Rod. Ralph was nowhere to be seen ;-)
The only thing that dampened my morning, albeit briefly, was that at the end of one of my better waves I decided to pull a floater air drop which I executed pretty well. But precisely the time I landed it I saw a guy on a 8' fun board trying to drop in back side right into me. The board hit my shin while I still had plenty of speed. I heard the crunch and hoped it was the sound of a weak glass job on a beginner board and not the sound of my bones crunching. It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out which it was while the guy asked me repeatedly if I was all right while I didn't answer. Partly because I didn't know yet, and partly because I was so pissed, even though his biggest transgression was being a bad surfer which I can't really hold against him because depending on whose scale you use I can fall into that category sometimes. Turns out I was OK and paddled back out without saying anything. I got a pretty big lump on my shin, but I take solace in the fact that the guy probably has a pretty big ding repair ahead of himself. :-)

No comments: